Finance Manager (US Shift)
Who We Are
GeekTek is a technology services firm with its headquarters in Los Angeles and branch offices in Denver, CO, and Hyderabad, India. Geektek’s services span a variety of industries, including manufacturing, entertainment, retail, nonprofits, and even art galleries. The talented team of more than forty members provides services such as on-site client service, remote managed IT services, managed security services, marketing, and sales. In addition, GeekTek is the leading IT provider and technology thought leader in the cannabis industry and has entered the cannabis industry as an ancillary business. We are a friendly and upbeat company with great communication between the locations and teams.
Who You Are
This position will be located in Hyderabad, India, but you will be working closely with the team in the United States through video chat, instant messaging, email, phone, and through our software. It is important that you have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral. We are a fast-paced company that is expanding rapidly and we are seeking team members who will share our vision for the future and work collaboratively in order to accomplish GeekTek’s goals. We pride ourselves on providing superior service to our clients, which includes having attention to detail, following the processes in place, and being able to adapt to a variety of situations.
We are looking for an IT Finance Manager to oversee the finance team and its members and report to the executive team. The perfect match will be motivated, knowledgeable on corporate financials, and have excellent communication skills. If this is you, we want you!
- Oversee the financial management of a corporation that has multiple office locations.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Create financial reports, monitor accounts, and prepare activity reports and financial forecasts.
- Providing back-office services such as accounts payable, collection, and payroll
- Build and maintain models that identify “gross and net” IT expenses, including identification of capitalized internal labor, external labor, hardware, and software.
- Work with IT project managers to determine in-service, start dates for capital projects and track the status of projects “in process”
- Investigate ways to improve profitability, provide creative alternatives, and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers, or acquisitions.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data, taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing.
- Assemble and summarize data in sophisticated reports on financial matters and potential risks.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts, etc) taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing.
- Develop financial models, conduct bench marking, and process analysis.
- Conduct business studies on past, future, and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
- Identify trends and provide advice and recommendations to executive management.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function. Reports generation expertise is required.
- Manage Quick books and integrated applications including online billing
- 10 + years of experience in Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting/finance-based role with direct experience with multi-currency accounting procedures.
- Direct managerial experience, preference to candidates with experience managing teams across international offices.
- Must have experience working for the US, Canada, or Europe.
- Excellent in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, Google Suite, cloud storage, and financial software applications.
- Experience in Time Sheet Management
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting, and communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance, and information analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with initiative and motivation.
- Forecasting skills.
- Knowledge of workflows and profitability reports utilizing Bright gauge.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and provide recommendations to accomplish the executives’ vision and direction for the corporation.
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market, and business environments.