Service Desk Engineer - Level 2 (Night Shift)
Who We Are
GeekTek is a technology services firm with its headquarters in Los Angeles and branch offices in Denver, CO, and Hyderabad, India. Geektek’s services span a variety of industries, including manufacturing, entertainment, retail, non-profits, and even art galleries. The talented team of more than forty members provides services such as on-site client service, remote managed IT services, managed security services, marketing, and sales. In addition, GeekTek is the leading IT provider and technology thought leader in the cannabis industry and has entered the cannabis industry as an ancillary business. We are a friendly and upbeat company with great communication between the locations and teams.
Who You Are
This position will be located in Hyderabad, India, but you will be working closely with the team in the United States through video chat, instant messaging, e-mail, phone, and through our software. It is important that you have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral. We are a fast-paced company that is expanding rapidly and we are seeking team members who will share our vision for the future and work collaboratively in order to accomplish GeekTek’s goals. We pride ourselves on providing superior service to our clients, which includes having attention to detail, following the processes in place, and being able to adapt to a variety of situations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience in IT Infrastructure Support management in the Production Environment.
- Proficient in Implementing, Configuring and Administering Windows standalone\Cluster\NLB servers
- Migration of Windows 2008/2012/2016 domains. Plan a rollback in case of failure in migration
- Managing Firmware/software updates on Production Servers\Hardware Devices.
- Knowledge of handling Centralized Monitoring
- Knowledge of Patch Management and Scripting (PowerShell)
- Knowledge of enterprise-class infrastructure software such as anti-virus, backup, hardware technologies SAN, NAS, Storage, and related client-side software.
- Knowledge in Virtualization (VMWare) is a plus
- Working with Active Directory and Exchange to create/modify/terminate accounts.
- Group Policy Planning & Deployment
- Configuring and managing Exchange Server, proficient in Office 365 migrations would be a plus
- Configuring and managing Veeam backups is a plus
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for solution patching
- Knowledge on Network Switches and Firewall would be a plus
- Certifications for Windows Server technology (MCITP) and ITIL concepts would be an added advantage
- 8-12 years of experience into the service desk
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional management methods and techniques
- Knowledge of industry applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, friendliness, active listening, and customer-care
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge across all facets of End-user Computing, Audio/Video, Cyber/IT Security and infrastructure (e.g O365 cloud environments, IT equipment room operations)
- Solid working knowledge of Internet standards and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Troubleshooting workstation, printers, and other peripheral.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Think proactively and critically
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing solutions
- Communicate escalated issues to customers: keep them informed of progress, notify them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our service relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Enter time and expenses in the ticket system as they occur